This morning we woke up at 5 a.m. and were out the door at 5:30 a.m. heading to Portland, Maine. At 7:55 a.m. Brian started in his first marathon! He finished in 3 hours 8 minutes and 27 seconds, qualifying him for the Boston Marathon - though when I asked him if he was psyched that he qualified he just responded "I don't know if I'll want to run 26.2 miles again."I think that was mostly the pain and fatigue talking. He was much peppier after his 5 minute post-race massage.
Anyway, here are some pictures - though there are no real action shots, so we have to wait until they post them on their site to purchase. But here are a couple pre and post pictures to view in the meantime...
(above: Ashley, Chris and Brian - Chris made the signs)

(above: there is Brian in the red taking off)

(above: Brian a few minutes after finishing)
Brian did amazing, finishing 11th in his division and 40th in all!
1 comment:
Brian, Sarah told me all about your race!! Congratulations! Can you walk yet?! 3:08:27 is quite impressive, no wonder I never can keep up with you. haha. Hope it was a good experience for you!!
Post a Comment