It's official, I have voted. This is the first year that I have voted with an absentee ballot and I'm so glad that I did. As most of you know I am due on Thursday, so I didn't want to risk going in to labor today or tomorrow and not making it to the polls on the most important day! Okay, I guess I am going to say that the day our daughter is born is going to be the most important day for US, but on a national level... November 4, 2008 will go down in history as one of the most important elections (if not THE most important) of our time!
It would be better if I said 'I don't care who you're voting for, just get out there and vote.' But honestly, I'm frightened at the idea of a McCain/Palin run United States. The only hope we might then have is if the Senate had a democratic majority. But I will think positive and believe that Obama will become president and bring the change that he has promised and that we so desperately need. So.... GO OUT AND VOTE!
No comments:
Post a Comment