Sunday, October 4, 2009

time flies

It's already October, which means November is just around the corner! This time last year I was LARGE, tired and wishing November would hurry up. And now it's a year later! Crazy how time flies.

This month is going to busy - my best friend Julie is coming for Columbus Day weekend, I'm working a few extra Sunday shifts, and then *POOF* it will be Halloween. NO, we don't have a costume for Olive yet. I'm debating. She won't remember this Halloween, Brian will be working, and I'm honestly just too tired to think about it. I do want to see the Halloween Parade in town though. But we'll see if I can even stay up that late. These days I'm in bed shortly after Olive is.
After Halloween it will be November - Olive's birthday! I'm really excited that Brian and I will both have it off. I don't know what we're doing yet. Hopefully just something low key. No stress. Fun. Then *POOF* (I'm liking this word lately) it's Thanksgiving! Julie will be back with her boyfriend Oz, we'll cook and eat, drink and be merry in our new dining room! Yay.

Speaking of time going by fast, we've already started looking at schools for Olive. I'm hoping to start her in a program when she's 18 months. So far we're liking a Montessori school and a Waldorf school. MAYBE Little Harbour for elementary, but I'm not a fan of the Portsmouth school system, after working in it, so maybe we'll stick with an alternative system.

Alright, all this talk of time flying is making me tired. Think I'll join Olive for a nap.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it seems a little not fair that i can't come to thanksgiving. they don't even DO thanksgiving here... something about a lack of native americans and pilgrims. glad things are going well for you guys!
xo