Saturday, July 17, 2010

It's summer, it's hot

Some how this hot and humid summer is FLYING by us. It's already edging toward the end of July and I am just not ready for any of it to end. I have, however, come to grips with the fact that we are back in Maine (it's weird not to say NH). We really loved being in DC and came home with dreams of moving back. But give us a week or two to settle into reality, here we are. But before I completely let go, here are just a couple of my favorite moments from our trip...



So now we're home and back in the swing of things. I just painted our bathroom. *BIG sigh of relief* The space was begging to be gutted, but I did what I could with some left over paint and a quick trip to Target and Abode. I have to admit, I think I did a pretty good job with what we've got! Yay for a bathroom I can actually stand to be in. I also purchased a few flowers for the raised beds in our backyard, a couple bags of mulch and a Jade plant for our kitchen! The girl with no green thumb is trying her hand at keeping a few plants alive.

Brian is working at Radici five days a week, Wednesday - Sunday (lunch, dinner and brunch), I'm taking a few freelance jobs here and there and Olive is keeping us both on our toes. Life is good.

As August approaches, we start to think about BOTH OF US going back to school, me going back to my commute (to Boston) and Olive spending more time with her grandparents. So, before the summer is really over, we are going to enjoy every day that we have off together, because once Fall hits we are all going to be insanely busy!

So, thats that. Now it's time for this girl to head to bed.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Summer fun-- oh how I miss thee! And that's awesome you got a jade plant; it's one of my favourite plants out on my balcony. They make great cuttings too (think: presents for others!). Can't wait to see the new dig in September! I hope by then I can walk--it's VERY slow going at the moment!