Friday, August 8, 2008

Yay for my favorite t.v. shows

One of my favorite shows is Dexter. I love it. I got hooked on the show when I was working at Viable, and during my late night shifts I would watch the show on a website (that has since been shut down - TV Links*) that had TONS of t.v. shows and movies just waiting for me to watch. Brian and I don't have cable, but I've since found a way to watch my shows. Heroes, for example, is premiering on NBC on September 22. I will be able to watch it on NBC's website on the 23rd. Isn't that SO exciting!?! Dexter, well I'm not so lucky. Because it's on Showtime, I can't watch it for free (sadly, now that my favorite, now deemed illegal, website is shutdown), so I have decided that I will buy the episodes on iTunes. Believe me, it's worth it! We usually watch all of our favorite series on Netflix. We'll get the whole season and have marathons, which equals a fun evening of being lazy, my favorite activity. A few of our other favorite shows: Weeds, Carnivale, and Freaks and Geeks.  I'm usually very impatient, so for my very favorite shows I just can't wait for the season to come out on DVD and for Netflix it to us to watch, hence the buying on iTunes and watching online. So, here is a trailer for Season 3 of Dexter, to get you all pumped for September 28, if you have Showtime. If you don't, like me, you'll have to wait until iTunes sells the individual episodes. Can't wait!

*apparently TV Links is back up, just with a slightly different URL. Yay for free t.v. and movies!

See transcript below.





Transcript: (maybe one of these days they'll decide to caption online videos! but for now you'll have to put up with my lousy attempt)


Dexter: Ah life. Life, is ritual, [inaudible], control.

Dentist: So how was your summer Dexter?
Dexter: I managed to keep busy

Girlfriend: What are you thinking?
Dexter: Life is good.

Dexter: Okay Ester, you’re up. Mickey Mouse, unicorns or starfish?

Dexter: Who are you?
Guy: Who are you?

Dexter: What happened back there? I’ve never killed anyone whose guilt was not absolutely certain. I did something. Spontaneous.

Sister: I got it Dex.
Dexter: Got what?
Sister: Only the case that’s going to get me my shield. It’s huge. Miguel Prado. (sp?) He’s an ADA, He’s on a mission to put away as many bad guys as he can.
Angel: He just made top prosecutor in the state three years in a row.
Sister: Got himself quite the reputation for being a law and order hard-ass

Miguel: I need to understand.
Dexter: There was a brutal struggle. But I gotta say, it looks like he fought, like a hero.

Dexter: If I still cared about what Harry thought… I’d feel bad.

Miguel: You’ve got to use me Maria, ADA’s can put pressure on other agencies
Maria: I have my best detectives on this.
Miguel: Morgan, right?
Maria: Yes. He’s part of it.

Miguel: What are you doing tonight?
Dexter: Nothing. At all
Miguel: Oh, well then you’re coming for dinner

Miguel: To new friends ::clink bottles::

Miguel: I had an ulterior motive for inviting you tonight.
Dexter: Does it involve charging me with a felony? ::laughs::

Dexter: I’ve never been one to put much weight in to the idea of a higher power. But, if I didn’t know better I’d have to believe that some force out there wants me to keep doing what I’m doing

Announcer: Dexter. The new season premiers September 28. Only on Showtime.


No comments: