It's almost 80 today. Olive woke us up early this morning and there was no getting her to fall back asleep. The sun was out, Dylan was whining for his breakfast and Olive was talking away to her animals in her crib. So I got up, brewed coffee, opened all the windows in the house, made a bottle and fed our starving dog. Brian left for his first trail race, where he came in 5th, at 9:20 a.m. and Olive and I were out the door, heading for town. I have been loving our walks. Today however I was rocking a skirt and flip flops - because it was already 70 when I left the house. Note to self: pushing a jogger through the cemetery, up and down hills and all the way in to town in flip flops, NOT a smart idea. But boy was it a beautiful walk. Brian met us back at the park, where Olive and were laying out on the grass.

Now Brian is taking a nap before work, Olive is rolling around in her playpen, which I've set up in the breezeway next to me while I type. Not looking forward to heading back to work on Tuesday. Can't we just win the lottery? Being a stay-at-home mom this past week has been great!
No comments:
Post a Comment