Friday, April 24, 2009

another day at the park

Can you tell I'm on vacation? A blog a day, lots of pictures... and what a great week to have time with Olive. She is doing new things all the time, and growing so fast. The weather has been beautiful the last few days, and the forecast is even better for the weekend. 

Olive is an early riser, so Brian and I have become early risers. She wakes us up around 5:30 a.m., one of us feeds Dylan (because he is apparently STARVING at 5:30 in the morning) and makes a bottle and the other changes Olive's diaper and brings her in to bed with us. We are then able to get in another hour. At night we start getting her ready for bed around 6:30 p.m. with a bath (twice a week), p.j.'s and either Brian will dance with her around the living room or we'll put on Baby Einstein's "Lullaby Time." This is if we are all tired. I think the video works better on Brian, but Olive seems to like it too. About half way through she is asleep on my chest, and Brian snoring on my shoulder (not really, but he might as well be - his eyes are just as heavy as Olive's were at the beginning of the video). This has been her latest routine. It's bound to change, but we'll enjoy it while we can.

Today was a gorgeous morning. Brian left for school around 7:30 a.m. and Olive and I got dressed and were out the door by 9:30 a.m. and headed to town. We walked through the cemetery and passed the park, where there were already tons of kids playing. We sat in the sun, enjoyed some warmth, and then just hung around until my mom met up with us. We spent the whole morning and afternoon in town, it was great. We even headed back to the park where Olive showed Grandma her favorite new thing - the swing. 


It was so nice at the park that Mom got a blanket from her car and we laid out in the sun, waiting for Brian to meet us. 




Olive loved being on her belly, pushing herself around. She's great at scooting backwards. I think she learned that from Dylan (our poor dog has issues). She hasn't quite mastered moving on all-fours yet, but she definitely spends some time on all-fours, rocking back and forth. She grabs at things and pulls them towards her. And she loves water bottles, being able to wrap both arms around one and pull it to her mouth. It's crazy what she can do.
OH, she ate her first vegetable last night. Green beans. Brian, of course, took pictures with his iPhone. I haven't uploaded them on to the computer yet, otherwise I'd post a picture. So she has now eaten banana and green beans. Yum. We plan on introducing her to avocado, pear and sweet potato soon, but just not too quickly. She is still primarily nursing and bottle-feeding.

Well, now that Olive is asleep (7:15 p.m., wahoooo), I have laundry to do. I'm hoping to spend all day outside tomorrow, much like today! The walk in to town is great. It's helping me get back to my pre-baby weight and the fresh air for both Olive and I! She loves looking at everything as we walk. She stares at everyone and everything, soaking them in. It's adorable. Ok, FOCUS SARAH... laundry time. 







2 comments:

Unknown said...

the blog looks fabulous darling! and it looks like olive is growing into a beautiful vegetarian--don't fight it. MWAHAHAHA

xoxo

Chasing Life said...

vegetarian, ha! although my grandma told me that she would puree steak for my dad when he was olive's age! can you imagine! ick.
loving all this time i've had to blog and spend with olive! so much fun!
miss you!