Olive and I went to 5 weeks of classes at a Waldorf school up the road. It was so nice to see Olive get a chance to hang out and play in that kind of environment with kids her age. She had a lot of fun; she played in a rocking boat, kitchen, pushed babies around in a stroller and then out on the playground and in the herb gardens, all while the parents worked on crafts (I made a finger puppet and three barrettes). I was hoping Olive could continue in the Fall, but the class will only be offered on Mondays and my day off is Fridays :-( Boo.
The house is coming along. Our bedrooms are painted and set up. The rest of the house will be a much slower process. I still want to replace the kitchen counter tops and sink, paint the cabinets, replace the hardware, get a new stainless stove... paint all the walls and figure out what to do with all the wood paneling. We have a love-hate relationship with all the wood. What to do? The guest bedroom needs a bed. The dining room needs a new light and some paint and the bathroom, ugh needs to be gutted! But all-in-all we LOVE the house and LOVE the yard. Privacy fence is a must for next year.
I got accepted to UNH Manchester's Interpreting program. With all my credits I was accepted as a senior, but conditionally. I have to take a math class my first semester of study or else I won't be able to continue. Not sure what I can do. I will most likely take one to two classes a semester, as long as I can find a night class that fits my tight schedule. But, eventually I will get my BA.
Olive is SO busy. She is starting to repeat everything we say, whether is comes out right or not. She likes to conquer the big words like "strawberry" and "cucumber" but still won't say "cat." She loves to say "don't touch" and then touch whatever she was pointing at when she was saying it. She cracks herself up constantly. She is getting so big so fast... too fast.
We are looking forward to our trip to DC for my best friend Julie's wedding. We haven't been back together since we moved and can't wait to have Olive there! We will be there for a week and have a lot to squeeze in!!
Alright, Olive just went to bed and I am ready to lay back on the couch and watch some DIY... for now, here are some random pictures.


No comments:
Post a Comment