Tuesday, October 30, 2012

learning

Olive and I have been home the last two days because of Sandy. It's virtually impossible to get my school work done with a busy almost-four-year-old running around, so I have taken the time to sort through Olive's play room and making it a more organized environment.

With no power yesterday we cleaned her play room, read a lot of books, learned about butterflies, cut out circles to make a solar system, worked with sandpaper letters and did a lot of counting.... the girl loves to count!

This morning Olive chose to work on sounding out words and letters. It amazes me, listening to her sound out letters and figuring out what word it is!






It's been so nice having time with Olive. As schools reopen tomorrow it will be back to our normal IMPOSSIBLY busy schedules. For now, I'm enjoying every moment of these last two days.

No comments: