Olive had her first slumber party this weekend with her dear friend Harlow. Brian and I were expecting to be up much of the night but they went up to bed at 9:00 and were both asleep by 9:30 - sleeping the whole night in Olive's bed. They were covered in blankets and books, with Olive's reading light still shining bright in their faces. The bed was filled with two, not so little girls and about eight baby dolls. I was woken up this morning by their giggling. I stayed in bed just listening; they were telling each other jokes. Brian got up when we heard them (not so quietly) tip-toeing out of Olive's bedroom whispering of pancakes for breakfast.
In other news, the first round of lottery drawings have come and gone for schools for Olive in DC. She made the waiting list for all 3 of the DC public montessori schools. There is a drawing on March 22 for a bilingual montessori charter school and then another on April 15 for a montessori charter. If she doesn't get chosen for these last two we will have a lot to think through. But for now, we are thinking positive thoughts! Fingers crossed.
I have just finished one large midterm (literacy: imaginative language through The BFG)and am on to another (teaching ASL verbs and English verbs). I've also just registered for all of my summer courses. Nothing like spending a summer in grad school full time!







No comments:
Post a Comment