I'm thinking this woman must be at least 32-40 weeks along to see the foot so clearly like that. The scary part, I'm now 31 weeks! That means I'll be 8 months pregnant in a week! How INSANE is that!?! I'll be 40 weeks the last week of October. It feels like I was just drinking wine on the porch in DC, and now here we are about to be parents in NH.
I actually just watched a Discovery Channel video "Conception to Birth" which really freaked me out. I guess at this point it's completely normal to be freaked out by the idea of giving birth. I've always used the 'lemon and watermelon' analogy, but in the video they say "it's like trying to swallow a soccer ball." Can you picture it? Sounds fun, right?
Okay, changing the subject back to work - aside from the long commute, I LOVE my new job in Boston. On Thursday the school had it's "welcome" ceremony inside Fenway Park. A tradition for the school. I think Brian was more excited for me than I was. I ended up not interpreting the event (it was too hot and I'm getting too pregnant to be standing in the heat), but was apart of the ceremony, as each department stood up on top of the Red Sox dugout and was introduced. It was a funny site to see me to climb up from one of the seats up on to the dugout. I had many hands reaching for me. I think they were all scared I'd fall. But I didn't. YAY!
From left to right: (back row) Liz, Lisa, Aaron, (middle row) Cara, Me, Taylor, Angela, Joanne, (front row) Lori, Lise, Jeannette.
So I took a picture of a picture (as I'm sure you noticed) and I'm too lazy to retake one that doesn't have a big glare from the camera flash. As you also probably noticed I'm in an XL t-shirt looking mighty pregnant. We were all sweating from the HOT sun. We smelled lovely too. It was fun had by all. So this is who I work with. A team of 11 interpreters. We aren't all working all on the same days. Each day there are 7 or 8 of us on, the others are off - hence me having a 3 days work week there, which in turn is the reason I found another job for Mondays and Fridays (until I go on maternity leave).
Alright, it's now 9:04 p.m. and I am going to bed. I'm excited to NOT wake up to an alarm clock tomorrow morning. My big plan for the weekend... NOTHING!!! I'm so excited!

No comments:
Post a Comment