Olive keeps us very busy these days, so I haven't had much time to post anything. And as I start work next week, it might get a little harder, but I'll do what I can.
Olive is so much fun! Above is a picture from Christmas. Her Nana and Grandpa Chase got her an activity set - I guess thats what it's called. She lays on her tummy and just starts kicking her little legs. You'd think she was going to crawl away, but of course she hasn't conquered crawling just yet. It's amazing how much she's changing and all the things that she can do now. She LOVES the changing table. Every time we lay her down to dress her or change her diaper she has a big smile on her face. She smiles a lot now and is even trying her hand at laughing. She gets out one little "ha" and her mouth stays in the big open smile like she's waiting for more noise to come out. We've also been playing games with her, like poking her nose and saying "boop" which causes her to light up! Or we'll run our pointer finger down either cheek and she'll have a big smile on her face. Also, now when we put her in her bouncer, bassinet or crib she will stare at her mobiles. Her new favorite things are Vincent, her musical seahorse (thanks Mel) and Grandma's yoga ball. She just wants to bounce all the time! Brian just went and picked up a yoga ball of our own so we can bounce with her at home. It's amazing how it calms her right down. It makes me wonder if I did a lot of bouncing around while I was pregnant?
We took Olive on her first big trip the other day. We drove to Killington, Vermont where my aunt, cousin Nick and my great-uncle live. My great-uncle Emil (Kuhling) is 93 years old and in great health. He was kicking my cousins asses on the pool table... he's quite the shark.
He's was telling stories of going to school at PS-24 in Manhattan and when his parents bought their house in Woodside in 1945. He was also swearing up and down that he'd never played pool before... which turned out not to be true (as you can see from the above picture).
We had a really nice time. My brothers are both here, so they came up with us and my cousin Mike ended up showing up for the weekend, so it made for a mini family reunion.
Olive stayed awake the entire day we were there, which was a first for her. Every time she'd nod off her eyes would pop right open as if she didn't mean to fall asleep.
Alright, my time is up... off to change Olive's diaper and then we're attempting a movie. Happy New Year. I have to say 2008 was our best year yet, but with Olive 2009 can only get better!
No comments:
Post a Comment