Saturday, January 10, 2009

hectic

I headed back to work this week. My routine has changed drastically being on maternity leave. I would wake up several times a night to feed a change Olive and then would try and have her fall back asleep until 8, 9, or 10 a.m. But now I am up and going at 3:45 a.m. to get ready for work, get a bottle ready for her when she wakes up and be out the door by 4:45 a.m. to catch the 5:26 a.m. train from Newburyport. Brian has been staying up with Olive after I feed her so I can fall back asleep. Work itself has been great, with one exception. BPS (Boston Public Schools) are cutting WAY back on spending due the budget crisis that seems to be sweeping the nation. Damn economy! So many positions are being cut including the majority of the interpreting department. We have a large team, with 11 interpreters. Next year there will probably only be 4 - 5 positions available. It's sad, because I LOVE my job - if I didn't I wouldn't be commuting so far - and the people I work with are amazing. So, we'll see where we are next year.
Okay, that's going to be my abrupt stop... of to work on a Saturday.

No comments: