Monday, July 21, 2008
A lot of Rummy and a little Kenny Rogers
So last night we had this crazy thunder and lightning storm. The lights flickered, the wind blew, and it rained and rained and rained. I'm a big fan of storms. I'm also a HUGE fan of Scrabble. I think this is a well know fact. I'm a horrible speller (which is also a well known fact), but I love to play regardless. Apparently I have played Brian out, so he suggested another game... Rummy. When it comes to cards I'm usually a Solitaire, War, or Go Fish kind of girl. Since he's not that kind of boy, he taught me how to play Rummy. Believe it or not, I've never played. I remember growing up, when we would lose power during snow or rain storms, my mom would light a room full of candles and my brother, mom, and I would play Parcheesi. Since the game is really better played with more than two people, Brian convinced me we would have fun playing this new card game... which is really thousands of years old, but new to me. He put a Kenny Rogers record on (he said it goes with a good game of Rummy) and we had a good night of playing cards, even though I didn't win. I think another well known fact about me is I can be a little competitive when it comes to playing games. I like to win. The score was 863 to 918. By 11:33 p.m. Brian was ready to go to bed. I, of course, was already shuffling the deck, ready to catch up in the next round. Brian claimed two victories. He won the game and he got his way, we went to bed. It was still raining. Yay for Rummy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment