So a very uneventful weekend has just come to an end. Usually my weekends include Mondays, but not today. Today I had an freelance job somewhere in New Hampshire. And unlike most of the weekend, it was sunny and warm and I got to drive around with the windows down. I LOVE driving with the windows down. I've never been a fan of AC. Although, I am gaining a new appreciation for it in the house. It's not called having a "bun in the oven" for nothing. My body temperature is completely out of whack! I'm hot all the time. Not right now though. The sun is setting and I have a fan blowing a cool breeze in my direction. But, back to today. This afternoon Brian and I went to
Babies R Us. HIS idea! A really nice couple at the restaurant where Brian works (
Radici) slipped him a card the other night. Inside was a gift certificate to
Babies R Us. How nice! So we thought we'd go pick out something that we needed. We left with a box of 92 (newborn size) diapers and a changing pad. Of course, we get home and the changing pad doesn't fit on our changing table. Damn Swedish designers! We bought our changing table from
Ikea. I LOVE
Ikea, almost as much as I love driving with the windows down. But man, do their sizes screw us up. Apparently changing pads are a standard 16x32 and our table will only fit 16x29. Silly changing table. Brian's mom is handy with scissors (a needle & thread too), so she's going to work it out for us, so it will not-so-magically fit our changing table. After our eventful trip to the store Brian went to work and I watched some fun-filled interpreting videos to brush up on some vocabulary and then... I balanced the checkbook. I know, FUN!
The rest of the week will be just as eventful as today. We are going to Portland Maine tomorrow night to see a rock show. The band is called
Vetiver. I know, I hadn't heard of them either until Brian pointed out a poster for the show the last time we were in Portland. It should be fun. Then Wednesday, after work, I drive to Boston to go to Boston City Hall to fill out paperwork for the job I start at the end of August. Thursday I work in the morning and freelance in the afternoon and then Friday I am going to Manchester, or as we like to call it Manch-vegas. It's not a compliment. But there is a school there with a big deaf program, so I am going to talk to someone about possibly filling in now and then on my days off from the Boston gig. See, an eventful week.
Alright, now that I have bored you with everything that I'll be doing this week, I will avert my attention away from the computer and on to Dylan, who has been licking my feet, waiting patiently to be let outside so he can sniff around where the doe has grazing in our backyard.
2 comments:
oooh has the doe learned dog yet? or do they communicate with telepathy?
the doe has not learned dog yet, but we have dylan studying up on doe. only brian is able to communicate through telepathy. he's really special like that ;-)
Post a Comment