Thursday, February 19, 2009

exciting milestones

Although Olive did not take a nap once yesterday she did fall asleep at 8:45 p.m. and slept until 6:45 a.m. this morning! Our routine has been that we all go to bed around 8:30 p.m., watch whatever is on "the channel" (we only get one) and have her fall asleep. We've then been putting her in her bassinet, which is in our room, once she's asleep. But last week we started bringing her into her room, since she's been sleeping through the night, for the most part. I actually woke up in a little panic this morning when I saw the clock. She usually wakes up at 4:00 a.m. to eat and then falls back asleep. She's getting so big!
Olive also started turning in our direction when she hears our voice. She wasn't doing that last week! This morning, as soon as I said her name as I walked in her room, she turned her head and looked at me and started cooing. She also started following Brian's voice as he walked in and out of our room a few hours ago. It's amazing what can happen over night!

Here are a few pictures of the cranes keeping her company as she sleeps... Julie had given them to us as a house warming gift in November 2007, and as I was cleaning her room yesterday, I thought they'd be great on the mobile. Julie also sent Olive a jar of baby glow-in-the-dark cranes for Christmas this past year, which are sitting on her dresser.


2 comments:

Julie Hochgesang said...

pretty pretty pretty!

Chasing Life said...

thanks to her aunt julie ;-)