Sunday, February 22, 2009

Olive opens a savings account


Olive Kuhling Chase has her very first savings account at Grandma's favorite bank, Piscataqua Savings Bank. Gigi (aka my Grandma Harding) sent Olive a check for Valentines Day, so we thought we'd make it Olive's first deposit. So now, any time someone sends her a check, or we have some extra money, it will go straight in to her savings account.
I remember when Michael and I opened our first savings accounts at Bank of New Hampshire. Mike was a regular ol' Alex P. Keaton. He always had money stashed away, while I was always finding ways (clothes) to spend my money.
I do still like spending money on clothes, but now for Olive, which are a lot more fun to buy!

1 comment:

Julie Hochgesang said...

Olive is smart. Oh and when Olive gets older, Olive needs to be like her dad and not her mom. (fiscally of course!) Little hope for that though, right? :)